People who work with BPM know that in addition to high competence and dedication it also requires constant study and renewal. And also for those who are beginning, there is nothing better than some introductory materials, tips and more basic explanations, like this business process modeling tutorial.
To help you in this task to increase your knowledge, we have selected some materials on the subject of process modeling: PDFs, e-books, books and slideshow presentations.
Each material has different levels of complexity and is divided into 3 categories:
- Business process modeling tutorial in PDFs and e-books.
- Business process modeling tutorial via videos and tutorials.
- Business process modeling tutorial in slideshows.
We hope that all of them are quite useful to you, starting with e-books and process modeling articles in PDF.
Business process modeling tutorial – PDF and e-books.
There are 6 e-books in PDF on process modeling with access to links to download the materials.
1. Business Process Modeling
Business Process Modeling – 24 pages
Based on a webinar given by BPM analyst and blogger Sandy Kemsley, provides an overview of the processes in business projects, including such topics as:
- BPM Standards
- BPM and architecture
- Project Standards BPM and principles
- Integrating business intelligence and BPM
- Integration of business rules and BPM
Download the PDF here: Business Process Modeling
2. An Introduction to Process Modeling
An Introduction to Business Process Modeling – 253 pages
This PDF document is rather extensive, but covers in a way quite a full range of topics related to modeling processes, from motivation, through to tools, notations, and techniques, until process design.
Download the PDF here: An Introduction to Process Modeling
3. The Business Process Model
The Business Process Model – 10 pages
This tutorial deals with the UML notation covering flow elements, connection objects, artifacts and examples for you to understand easier.
Download here: The Business Process Model
4. Modeling Business Process as a method of Requirements Engineering
Business Process Modeling as a Method of Requirements Engineering – 66 pages
This tutorial summarizes the theoretical and practical work in the field of analysis of business processes and application development, and covers the following topics:
- What is the business process?
- How to analyze, visualize and specify business processes.
- General requirements on the software that supports business processes.
- How to use a business process model as a specification for the system to support the process.
5. Modeling Business Processes with Structured Scenarios
Business Process Modeling with Structured Scenarios – 16 pages
Based on the experience in some engineering projects of business processes over the years, we developed a “cookbook” with a step by step guide for Business Analysts (BAS), which details a simplified approach to business modeling.
Download here: Business Process Modeling with Structured Scenarios
6. Tutorial UML: Business Process Modeling
UML tutorials: The Business Process Model – 3 pages
The approach to process modeling; this short 3 page PDF provides an introduction to the terminology and icons used in Business Process Modeling. It provides a quick introduction to some concepts of Unified Modeling Language (UML) and how they are applied in architecture and process modeling.
Download here: Tutorial UML: Business Process Modeling
Business process modeling tool
Watch the video below and discover a business process modeling tool that is:
- Free, on the cloud, without installation or maintenance.
- Quick and easy to use.
- It uses BPMN 2.0 notation.
- It Generates perfect, beautiful, complete, professional and stylish documentation.
Business process modeling tutorial – Videos
1. Analysis and Business Process Modeling
Business Process Modeling and Analysis – 17 minutes
The video features the open online course on “Business Process Modeling and Analysis” from the Hasso Plattner Institute of the University of Potsdam.
Watch here: Business Process Modeling and Analysis
2. BPMN – Business Process Model and Notation
Business Process Model and Notation – 4 minutes
The video of the Arizona State University deals with the essential elements of the notations used in the modeling process.
Watch here: Notations of Business Process Modeling
3. How to understand the symbols of BPMN
How to understand BPMN symbols – 2 minutes
This tutorial explains how to use BPMN shapes in process modeling maps.
4. Introduction to Business Process Management
Introduction to Business Process Management (BPM) – 10 minutes
The video explains concepts such as BPM components, examples and methodologies.
Watch here: Introduction to Business Process Management
5. An Introduction to Business Process Management
An Introduction to Business Process Management – 8 minutes
A brief introduction to BPM (Business Process Management) for a course project on Operations and Information Management at the University of Stellenbosch Business School.
Watch here: An Introduction to Business Process Management
Business process modeling tutorial – Slides
1. Starting with Business Process Modeling
Getting Started With Business Process Modeling – 44 slides
A thorough overview of BPM, offered by the Stevens Institute of Technology.
2. Business Process Modeling with BPMN 2.0
Business Process Modeling with BPMN 2.0 – Second Edition – 103 slides
Very comprehensive, with excellent slides and detailed explanations, starting with the basics of BPM and BPMN and deepening throughout each slide.
See here: Business Process Modeling with BPMN 2.0
3. Structuring Business Process Modeling – Lavacon 2014
Structured Business Process Modeling – Lavacon 2014-73 Slides
In this presentation, Dr. Damrau shows how she uses business process modeling methodology (BPM) to meet the requirements of current and future content.
4. Modeling Business Processes
Business Process Modeling – 37 Slides
It presents the central concepts, notations, and modeling for ROI with a focus on what is believed that the processes of change lead to change in the role of work in the organization.
See here: Business Process Modeling
Ready, here are 15 materials of different levels of depth for consultation and learning about process modeling in PDFs, e-books, videos, and slideshows! Enjoy this business process modeling tutorial!