Notation its the specific set of symbols and their rules of usage in describing a thing. There are notations created or adapted for use in BPM, just as in other fields. Flowcharting is an example of a notation used both for business process documentation and for documenting computer‐programming logic.
Other popular notation is BPMN (Business Process Model and Notation). This notation is a language specially shaped to integrate all levels and professionals dedicated to BPM in the organization, making it a very easy process to manage. Below some advantages of BPMN notation.
- It supports the management of business processes.
- Provides an intuitive and easy way for non-expert users in BPM to understand the notation.
- Represents the semantics of complex processes easily and in an intelligible form.
- It reduces noise communication between the process design stage and implementation, execution and management.
- With this intuitive level of understanding, you can significantly facilitate the integration of other professionals involved in BPM, such as business analysts, staff performing the processes and also the managers, who will have access to data, to control and monitor a process that they will need understand.
In summary, BPMN notation is a language specially shaped to integrate all levels and professionals dedicated to BPM in the organization, making it a very easy process to manage.