Is your company always missing deadlines and even customers because of this. Do you distrust the information that passes by you? Or perhaps, there’s no way for you to know who’s responsible for the tasks or which of them have been performed?
Therefore, a workflow management system can be the solution to these problems, providing agile communication, secure and reliable information, collaboration between people and teams, more efficiency and fewer errors and waste.
A workflow system aims to manage processes so that all these advantages can be enjoyed by the company.
In this post, you will better understand what a workflow management system is and how it can provide all of this.
What is a workflow system, advantages and benefits
Before we talk about workflow systems it’s important to understand some concepts:
Process management or workflow management is a BPM (Business Process Management) technique that aims to analyze processes as they’re being executed, understand how they’re operating and, from there, detect delays, bottlenecks, wastes and other improvement opportunities to then design a new, more efficient process.
Workflow management should also lead to process automation, which doesn’t only mean replacing manually executed tasks with automated processes, but also facilitating the collection and storage of performance information and allowing real-time analysis.
Also, check out from our blog: Can continuous business improvement work without automation?
Continuous process improvement
With this information provided by the workflow system, it’s possible to monitor the performance of a process and to detect if the changes made are having the desired effects and, if necessary, to make a new model, to improve it continuously.
See more: Tools for process improvement: Review 3 classics
So, with these concepts in mind, we can define what a workflow management system is:
A workflow system is a digital tool capable of assisting in the analysis, design and modeling of new processes. Its purpose is to provide an adequate flow and storage of information among process agents (usually through the use of forms), bringing more efficiencies and effectiveness in delivering value to customers, whether internal or external. Thereby, providing the necessary performance data for the monitoring and continuous improvement of this process.
It’s important to note that a workflow system has three main functions:
- Make the process more efficient in day-to-day operations
- Promote continuous process improvement
- Provide information for making strategic, tactical and operational decisions
Advantages of using a workflow system
- Reduced waste and reduced operating costs
- Increased profitability of the company
- Detection of activities that add value to company processes
- Increasing efficiency and effectiveness of processes
- Delivery of products, services and other outputs that meet the needs of internal and external customers
- Growth in customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Access to reliable data and information in real time
- More transparency in the use of information
- Clear definition of those responsible for the tasks
- Increased collaboration and teamwork
- Reduction of human failures
- Assistance in decision-making and strategic planning from the company
- Promotion of continuous process improvement
These are just some of the advantages that your company can take advantage of when implementing a workflow system
Nowadays, these types of systems operate quite intuitively, if you use more modern, cloud-based versions. Even employees with very little programming knowledge can operate them.
So, check out this video and learn more about HEFLO and the benefits of BPM: