Do you know what a selection and hiring process flowchart is? It is a diagram containing a walk-through of all of the processes involved in employing new workers, usually created by a company’s HR (Human Resources) team.
One of the advantages of the selection and hiring process flowchart is that all stakeholders have access to and know what’s going on. Also, it helps in comparing the candidates, especially those times when you need to find substantial differences that will point out who to choose for the position.
Find out about:
- The Organizational climate survey, a useful tool for human resources.
- The definition of organizational climate.
Optimize your selection process
The selection and hiring process flow chart can help out a lot with administrative procedures in the selection process. Particularly for companies that will hire several employees at once, because there is total control of actions and with it the chance to make a mistake is small.
Another important and essential point is how the automation of these HR processes helps companies, as the present employee hiring and firing routines become accelerated and the effectiveness of processes, avoiding losses or even labor, for example, are assured.
The 8 steps of making a selection and hiring process flowchart
Now that you know the importance of the selection and hiring flow chart, we present eight steps that will help you to prepare one.
- Position Description: This is the initial step. In it, the vacancy should be described, as well as the capabilities and requirements desired.
- Notification of Vacancy: For this step, it is essential to be creative in presenting the job because the requirements need to attract the candidate. Disclosure may be made through internal bulletin boards, intranet, specialized sites, advertisements in newspapers and portals for recruitment and selection, among others.
- Screening of Resumes: This is the beginning of the qualifying stages. When screening resumes for the position choose the most presentable and those who fit the job requirements best.
- Psychological Tests: Here the candidates who passed the resume screening begin to be called in for interviews. It is important to clarify any vague attributes and examine the sincerity of the knowledge that they say they have.
- Testing of specific knowledge: After approval in the previous step candidates must undergo tests for the skills required in the job. Tests and situations common to the day to day work the position requires should be given.
- Interview: In this stage, the results of the psychological testing will be analyzed, specific expertise discussed and all that has been said so far confronted. The recruiter or manager will need to pay full attention and provide insight to see beyond what a candidate says. Attitudes, body gestures and some details can be invaluable when choosing.
- Dynamics: Some companies still perform dynamics, because within them the candidates are subjected to situations where their skills can be better displayed. However, this 8 step selection and hiring flowchart are not compulsory, and over time some companies may consider it unnecessary. Their achievement (or not) is up to the manager for choosing the new employee.
- Final Result: The final stage of the flowchart records the hiring process and points to the elected to fill the position.
Automation of HR processes, a sure strategy
Requirements present in labor legislation, the need for records and the concern for information security are some of the factors which demonstrate the need for BPM software, which is focused on the automation of HR processes.
Find out about BPM, a tool that can help you with all HR processes, automation and making all actions easy and monitorable.