Business Process Management BPM is a management discipline that integrates the strategy and goals of an organization with the expectations and needs of customers by focusing on end‐to‐ end processes. It brings together strategies, goals, culture, organizational structures, roles, policies, methodologies, and IT tools to:
- Analyze, design, implement, control, and continuously improve end‐to‐end processes, and
- Establish process governance.
It is focused on delivering operational improvement, or, in a large‐scale change, transformation. This process‐centric approach to business management is supported by automated tools to deliver an operational environment that supports rapid change and continuous improvement. BPM provides a view of the business activity through the use of process models with clearly visible associated business and technical operational rules.
Source: Guide to the Business Process Management Body of Knowledge – ABPMP BPM CBOK on Amazon.
Read more on Business Process Management
- The BPM Cookbook.
- Business Process Documentation.
- Business Process Automation.
- Business Process Modeling.
- Business Process Mapping.
- What is process management exactly? A thorough explanation.