Value Stream Mapping is a Lean Six Sigma tool used for detailed process analysis and design. It captures all key process activities and metrics, and focuses on eliminating activities that do not add value to the product or service being built or delivered.
In Lean Manufacturing, this is used to add process resource costs and time elements to a process model to clearly show the flow of materials and products, and to depict process efficiency.
Read more on Lean
- Lean Tools: The 7 “forgotten” techniques.
- 7 Lean Wastes and 5 Six Sigma Steps.
- Lean process mapping: How to get it done in your company.
- Lean Performance Improvement: A Guide.
- Lean Business Process Improvement and how it will help your company.