« Back to Glossary Index
Business role is a group of related skills with a level of authority to perform a given task. This includes all task types whether they are a manual or system enabled.
Business roles are not the same as:
- Organizational Jobs — a job is a role that exists in the organization and comprises a common set of responsibilities. For example, a manager’s job includes performing the function of a department manager and being responsible for direct report employees.
- Organizational Positions — an organizational position is a specific opening that someone fills (in a specific location). This is a skill‐ and location‐specific opening that is filled by a specific person. For example, a departmental manager in the San Francisco office.
- Security Roles — a security role is a tactical object that gets assigned to a user ID, and allows the user access to the system.
Read more on Business Process Design
- Definition of Swim lanes.
- Free Business Process Modeling Tool ← Featured Content.
- BPMN Swimlanes and Pool Lanes: Dive Into These Tips!
- Business Process Modeling Notation – the best way to analyze processes.